Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Abbey's Favourite Things... Foundation, Powder, Primer, Mascara, Eye Shadow and Blush

FOUNDATION:
Estee Lauder Double Wear in 'Ecru' Liquid foundation:
This foundation has awesome coverage and really does stay on all day! Does not oxidize! I find extra care has to be taken to make sure it is blended in super well!

Graftobian Cream Foundation in 'Prima Donna':
As I said in a previous post, this stuff is made for tv and photos so there is no ghost face in your happy snaps! Easy to use and blends perfectly. Lovely! Only problem is that I believe there is no where you can actually go to try this stuff, so if you choose to buy it online, its hit or miss with colour matching!

Studio Fix Powder in NW20 (and sometimes NW15):
I love the coverage of this stuff, you can just chuck it on and it really even outs skintone etc. Covers blemishes really well, though in photos it can give a horrid white ghost face from reflection.

Graftobian HD Pro Powder in 'Porcelain Doll':
So Far this powder seems to have the same/similar cover of studio fix but more colour choices, is cheaper and performs beautifully in photos. Winner?!

PRIMER:
Shiseido Refining Makeup Primer:
This new improved primer has a brightening product in it, which can look a bit white/pink on some :S. It keeps your make up fresh and long lasting. Gives the skin a lovely feel.

Laura Mercier: Possibly a new fave! Horrid smell, but will keep your makeup on longer, smoother and keeps it fresh. I love the matte feel of this. I'll be using this for the next few weeks and keep you updated about its performance!

MASCARA:
I do very much love YSL Faux Cils Mascara! I love mascaras that are all about volume!! This one works a treat but really truly only lasts 3 months. It has a strong rose smell which I do not love, but the end result it lovely!

CoverGirl Lash Blast: This so far is the only 'drug store' brand I have come across that I love!! Since becoming a student once again, I felt I should cut back on my YSL mascara purchase every three months and after trying hundreds of mascara I've come to this one. Again it's all about volume. Has the weird plastic brush but once you get the hand of it you can get it really fating up those lashes!! I find that it does not smudge, flake, or smear one me. I do very much enjoy it.

Eye Shadow: No matter how many I try, I always go back to my trusty MAC eye shadows. They come in so many different colours and if you buy the pro pans and palettes, it couldnt be easier! They are addictive. They come in matte, frosts, satins etc and most blend into one another beautifully.

NAPOLEON: Colour Discs are Awesome if you want some crazy brights. Hot pink, lime green, yellow, orange... These also blend beautifully and you get a huge disc!

SHISEIDO: Hydro-Powder eye shadows. These are Cream eye shadows THAT DO NOT CREASE. They are AMAZING. I use the white or platinum coloured one under my eye shadow every day as an eye primer. Using the shadows like this means that the the powder shadow will stay on all day, not crease and blends wonderfully. They can be used on their own too, there are some really pretty colours such as the purple and blue!!

BLUSH:
Again, for me its mostly about MAC. I Love mac blushes. Again, you can get into the pro palettes and pro pans. They have heaps of different finishes, such as satin, sheertone etc!

SCOTT BARNES: The palettes by Scott Barnes are really nice! each palette comes with 3 Blushes and they are highly pigmented.

SHISEIDO: These Blushes such as 'B4 Innocent Rose' are super soft and buildable. I love these blushes mixed with mac blushes becasue they really add a beautiful glow! Sadly they are now discontinued!! Nooo!

NARS: Clearly Nars are know for their blushes, In particular 'Orgasm', 'Super Orgasm' and 'Deep Throat'. Orgasm which is a peachy pink looks gorgeous on pretty much everyone (I like it paired with MAC's Improvise Mineralize' blush.) Nars blushes are super pigmented and stay on! a great reliable product!


Well, that's it for now! Clearly I have so many more faves... I'll get to them another day :)

ox

No comments:

Post a Comment